Know The Rules, Regulations, And Guidelines While Flying With E-Cigarettes
If you are planning to travel, by air within the U.S. or internationally, and would like to take your electronic cigarette from 21st Century Smoke along, then it is important to know and understand the laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines that you must follow in order to avoid any problems or setbacks.
Due to previous events, airlines and other responsible administrations, now take many precautions and have added extra security measures to assure the safety of all passengers.
The following are just a few of the many organizations and administrations responsible for the rules and regulations pertaining to flying…
• The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
• The Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
• Airports Council International (ACI)
• The Department of Transportation (DOT)
Can You Vape In Airports And On Planes?
Unfortunately, new laws and regulations prohibit the use of electronic cigarettes, vapes, or other, that produce smoke, vapor, mist, or aerosol, on planes including…
• Electronic Cigarettes
• Vaporizers (portable or desktop)
• Vape Pens
• Electric nicotine delivery systems
• And moreThe good news is, there are many airports that do allow you to puff on your e-cigarette before boarding the plane.Some of the airports that allow you to use electric devices…
• McCarran International Airport
• Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
• Miami International Airport
• Tampa International Airport
• Charlotte Douglas International Airport
• Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
• Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
• John F. Kennedy International Airport (only certain terminals)
Important Guidelines To Follow When Travelling with Electronic-Cigs
If you are going to travel by plane and want to take your e-cigarette along, then you can do so, by either carrying it with you on your person or by putting it in a carry-on bag that will be going with you on the plane. Do not pack your e-cig, extra batteries or anything that contains lithium, in your luggage to be checked on the plane, since, the FAA prohibits this, as a safety precaution, due to the fact that lithium can self-ignite under the right conditions like exposure to excessive heat, damages, defects, etc.
Guidelines to Follow When Traveling with a Vaping Device:
• Make sure your device is turned OFF.
• Empty your tank or cartridge, or it may leak from all the pressure in the cabin. To be safe, put it in a zip-lock bag.
• Charge batteries and store safely in a carry-on bag (charging batteries on the
plane is prohibited).
• Keep your device, batteries, etc. away from magnets, coins or anything that could possibly ignite them.
• Keep away from excessive heat or anything that can potentially cause heat.
• If you are taking e-juice, aerosols, or other forms of liquid or sprays, you
must adhere to the 3-1-1 liquids standards: no more than 3.4 ounces or 100
millimeters per container and all liquids must fit in a 1 quart, zip-top,
transparent bag (1 bag per passenger).
• When checking in, remove your e-cigarette from your bag, as well as your
batteries and 1-quart bag that contains your e-juice or cartridges, and
place them in a bin to be checked by security
• Keep your device in a front pocket, if possible, to allow for easy access
Because rules, laws, regulations, and guidelines often change, it is very important to check with the airline that you are traveling with, who may also have their own guidelines to follow as well.